6/21/07

It Just Wasn't Funny

I had to give a PowerPoint presentation in class last week about the Supreme Command for the Allied Powers' post World War II policies regarding the energy industries of Japan and their effects on the recovering economy.
I read the slide, shown below, explaining the actions of Edwin Pauley, the United State's Representative to the Allied Reparations Committee, regarding reparations in front of the class and added, with a deadpan expression on my face, "...essentially weasing the juice."

The class' reaction leads me to think at least one of the following assumptions to be true:

1) My classmates are dry, humorless, overly career oriented, brainiacs who were probably too absorbed in the actual historical substance of the information on the slide to notice the ridiculousness of it.
2) They simply don't know me well enough to know how to react to something like that.
3) I now know what it's like to date myself in front of a room full of ignorant teenagers.
4) It just wasn't funny.

I'm going to have to go with the robust combination of 2, 3 and 4.




In other news - I'm moving to a place called Kichijoji in Tokyo on August first. It turns out that the contract for my current living situation expires at the end of July. Somehow I managed to miss this, though it was mentioned various times on several different official type documents.

2 comments:

Mearns said...

Oh man, that's rich.

Raz said...

Dude, I didn't know you blogged. Anywhere else too?